- 1 lb Uncooked Shrimp
- 1 lb. Thin Cut Bacon
- Lime Juice
- Pineapple Juice
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp is the perfect appetizer for your next meal. These bite size morsels can complement a variety of meals and are perfect for parties or gatherings. Use extra jumbo (16-20 shrimp per lb.), jumbo (21-25 pcs/lb) or extra large (26-30 pcs/lb). You can usually buy these frozen, peeled and de-veined. Or you can buy them fresh and do that work yourself.
- Thoroughly Clean Shrimp and Remove Shells and Tails
- Buy very thin bacon and grill 1/2 slice per shrimp on a frogmat at 275°F (135°C) until it is almost edible. Let the bacon cool a few minutes until it is easy to handle. Clean the bacon grease off of the grease tray.
- Drizzle a small amount of lime juice and pineapple juice on the shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp tightly with 1/2 slice of the bacon. If you wrap very tightly you will not need toothpicks, but if you need to use them, pre-soak for 20-30 minutes in cold water.
- Grill at 425 for 5-7 minutes per side until the shrimp is pink and the bacon crisp. Don’t overcook the shrimp as they will get rubbery and chewy.