For this recipe we go by meat temperature instead of time, using the meat probe to tell us when to pull the tri-tip. When we had internal temp around 125 – 130 (55c) we pulled the tri-tip off for as beautiful tri-tip roast as you will see…and it tasted even better than it looked. Each bite had a wonderful deep smoky flavor. Allow to rest for atleast 5-10 minutes before carving to retain all the juices.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: Approx. 2 ½ hours at 225 degrees (107 c)
- Grill: Green Mountain Pellet Grill
Let’s Get Started:
- Trim Tri Tip of excess fat and rub liberally with your favorite GMG rub. Then, set it aside and let it come to room temperature before you put it on the grill. Insert your meat probe, sit down and relax.
- Pull Tri tip when internal temperature reaches 125-130, allow to rest for approx 10 minutes under loose foil.
- Carve with a sharp knife, cutting the beef diagonally across the grain. Serve immediately and Enjoy.